Technical Lead – Packing
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Make a positive impact, in a team where it means more.
We are driven by our commitment to deliver accelerated growth for AstraZeneca and to make people’s lives better. It pushes us to keep building on our foundations and progressing as we turn our ever-growing and increasingly complex pipeline from molecule to medicine. Be part of evolving how we work with Lean, cutting-edge science, digitalisation and sustainable practices.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Lead to manage a combination of team managers and direct reports covering variety of fields and speciality areas within the Packing PET (Process Execution Team). The Technical Lead will expertly bring others together across Packing and tablets formulation Operations to solve complex problems.
What you’ll do:
Drive and deliver a Programme of improvement work helping to drive performance in safety, quality and efficiency through effective projects and adoption of digital solutions. Oversee the project delivery for the packing area on time, in full and to cost.
Provide technical experience and expertise with strategic leadership; passionate enough to want to delve into the technical detail where required but also know when to look at the bigger picture.
You should be able to demonstrate examples of lean methodologies used in continuous improvement, and ideally have experience of applying them in the production environment.
Support the department in its change management journey as we continue to develop our culture for the future and provide leadership in the communication and management of change for the department.
- A degree or equivalent in ideally a science or engineering subject area, or with significant professional applicable experience in production, technical, and change management
- A lean qualification, with the ability to lead and mentor others through problem solving techniques
- Previous experience of leading & developing teams – preferably in both production and office settings
- Ability to influence strategically and persuade considerately, to acquire desired outcomes while maintaining effective, positive organisational relationships. We are looking for an engaging and confident communicator who is able to network optimally cross functionally and at all levels
- Curious to learn and continue building both technical and leadership expertise