Test and Development Leader, Bristol
Run in Customer Shoes? Musketeer with colleagues? Boldly go with technical design? – Our key attitudes and way we like to work at Saint-Gobain. If this sounds like the environment in which you thrive with values that you live and breathe, why not join us as a Test and Development Leader?
What type of person are we looking for?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working. We are also interested in you as an individual and what you can bring to the table. So if you would say yes to the majority of the points below, you’d probably be a great fit and we would be really interested to hear how we can bring your individuality to our great team:
- You have a degree in Engineering (preferably Mechanical) or you have worked your way up becoming mechanically competent, knowing the theory and more importantly can put it into practice. We would consider a wide range of experience, but you would need to demonstrate at least a few years of engineering experience.
- You have experience in the design of testing, both procedures and physical, and have knowledge around specifying and installing new test equipment. Ideally you will also have experience of specifying and installing physical prototyping and machine centres.
- You are interested in working with a team to develop and improve together. You are passionate about getting the best out of people by supporting them in areas that they enjoy and excel.
- You would love the challenge of facilitating the growth of new opportunities by developing the test and development capabilities of our business.
Our product is unique and takes time to master. We’re looking for someone who gets excited about the prospect of supporting a team to develop and support our business with their growth and product strategy. This role is critical to our business and is key to supporting new opportunities so in return we will commit to providing you the right development (be it technical, hands-on or salary) to make you an experienced expert.
Our location in Bristol has been specifically designed to support this way of working: we have state of the art software and simulation tools, together with integrated spaces for rapid prototyping, machining and testing and this role will directly support the future development of this space and the way we work.
How will you support us?
By leading and developing:
- Test lab expertise, facilities, processes and procedures;
- Test and development capabilities, including developing the vision of what our testing and prototyping facilities will look like in the future.
You will have access to a great range of benefits including and not restricted to a bonus scheme, retirement savings plan with company contributions, 25 days’ holiday with flexible options, tailored training programs, Cycle to Work, retail discounts, share ownership schemes and access to a salary sacrifice vehicle leasing scheme.
Do you want to make a big difference to our world? We may make small parts but the difference they have on peoples’ lives, is big. Our products are used all over the world in many industries from slip clutch applications in electric car doors improving safety, to bearing mounts in motors improving efficiencies and saving electricity. We are a global leader in the design, production and distribution of innovative, high performance materials, with a global workforce of more than 195,000 employees representing over 64 countries.
How To Apply
If you would like to apply for this position please click on this link https://emea9-shorturl.sabatalentlink.com//ydo
Invent yourself – Many of our employees go on to have long fulfilling careers within our network of 36 businesses in the UK & Ireland, or across one of the 67 countries that we operate in worldwide.
Career moves in Saint-Gobain aren’t just up either. Experience and qualifications in a particular field are great but we don’t pigeonhole people. We have an impressive track record of colleagues successfully moving sideways across disciplines. This open-mindedness, combined with the breadth of our operations, means the possibilities for your career path are (almost!) as varied as your tastes.
We are an inclusive employer and keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, what football team you support, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We believe that working in a diverse business can be more enjoyable, teams can be more innovative, and make better decisions. We already employ many fantastic people from diverse backgrounds, but we still want to do more.
So, we are on a mission to make Saint-Gobain inclusive and accessible to all, with role models for you to look up to and learn from, no matter who you are! We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.
In our engineering group we recognise that we need to improve our diversity so would particularly welcome applications from Women and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates.
- Salary £40000 - £50
- Experience Level £manager - £