Do you have expertise in, and passion for, Software Testing Projects? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the Testing team in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? If so, AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
ABOUT OUR IT TEAM
Here our work has a direct impact on patients – transforming our ability to develop life-changing medicines. We empower the business to perform at its peak and lead a new way of working, combining cutting-edge science with leading digital technology platforms and data. All with a passion to impact lives through data, analytics, AI, machine learning and more. Join us at a crucial stage of our journey in becoming a digital and data-led enterprise. Make the impossible possible by building partnerships and ecosystems, creating new ways of working
and driving scale and speed to deliver exponential growth. Focused and committed, and backed with the investment to succeed, we’re driving cross-company change to disrupt the entire industry. Ours is a place to innovate, take ownership and run with it. You’re trusted to explore and to find new solutions, experimenting with leading-edge technology and grappling with challenges in a modern technology environment that might never have been tackled before. It’s a dynamic and challenging environment to work in – but that’s why we like it. There are countless opportunities to learn and grow, whether that’s exploring new technologies in hackathons, or transforming the roles and work of colleagues, forever. Shape your own path, with support all the way. Diverse minds that work cross-functionally and inclusively together. Be part of a team that has the backing to innovate, disrupt an industry and change lives.
ABOUT THE ROLE?
The Enterprise Capabilities & Solutions (ECS) group caters to the testing demand of various business requirements within AstraZeneca. The service delivers a comprehensive range of development and testing capabilities to AZ projects and applications.
We are looking for a Test Manager to lead our teams to the successful delivery of software testing projects for our internal customers. We are looking for people with the right mind-set and attitude who strive for close, collaborative, and empowered working environments, where individuals and teams can flourish.
The role is accountable for leading the testing solutions to approved budget and schedule commitments whilst meeting required quality and compliance standards. Focus areas include partner management (varies by organization), risk management and delivery of good testing practices and strategies.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Leading the delivery of software testing services within internal IT projects and programmes to meet customer and business needs.
- Create and sustain great relationships with key partners from an operational and tactical perspective.
- Overseeing and managing test strategies, test planning, and good practices on IT projects.
- Provide the leadership to balances budget, staffing mix, and milestones when building test plans and schedules.
- Customer facing communications, driving testing engagement strategies, effective risks & issues management, ensuring processes are effectively used. Ensure problems are resolved and escalated as appropriate.
- Work with our customers to review project estimations and costs surrounding project funding
- When necessary, drive the efforts surrounding testing evidence for auditing and regulation purposes for projects, based upon their specific regulatory needs.
- Ensure the testing teams engaged on the projects adhere to all standards, quality, and compliance, as well as processes, defined technical capabilities, and good practices. Establish program governance and lead Decision Point reviews; member Steering Committee meetings.
- Support / lead testing of a world-class centre of excellence supporting all types of project methodology (Scrum, KanBan, Waterfall, V-Model, SAFe, etc)
- Lead the testing teams to agile ways of working and implementing right testing practices on projects
- Collaborating with product owners and project managers regarding any changes in scope or schedule, challenging whether these changes are justified, covered financially and agreed to by appropriate decision makers.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED?
- Extensive experience in IT delivery, including experience of managing large scale testing portfolios
- Good knowledge and strong experience of multiple SDLC methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, Waterfall, V-Model, etc) especially Agile and how Testing works within Agile projects
- Being able to lead large testing projects to successfully deliver for customers
- Experience in growing, managing testing projects (Testing as a Service)
- Experience working with a range of testing techniques, tools, process, and delivery methodology
- Experience of Performance Testing
- Knowledge of the advantages / limitations of test automation and knowledge of automation frameworks
- Strong stakeholder management and influence skills
- Proactive approach to problem solving with strong Lateral and Critical thinking skills.
- Self-learner and serious about remaining up to date with testing industry advancements. Ability to grasp and understand new technology and concepts. Able to assist the Test Capability with growth in new areas within the function
- Experience working in globally distributed team.
- Experience of Session Based Test Management and different tools for assisting testing.
WHY JOIN US?
We’re a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. There’s a diversity of expertise in our Technology group that’s unique to AstraZeneca – it allows us to dive deep into exploring new leading-edge technology. We enable AstraZeneca to perform at its peak by delivering world-class technology and data solutions. Our work unlocks the potential of science. We optimise and evolutionise AstraZeneca by maximising efficiencies and finding new ways to drive productivity. From automation to data simplification. We’re not afraid to take ownership and run with it. Empowered with unrivalled freedom. A place to be open and transparent – we speak up, think creatively and share ideas. Our diverse contributions help us to make better decisions. But we have a constant drive to innovate, and an appreciation for high standards. It takes challenging the status quo to add value in our ever-evolving environment. We love it here because put simply, we make a meaningful impact.
Technology at AstraZeneca is a home for purposeful disruptors!
SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we’d love to hear from you! Click the link to apply and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
Competitive salary & benefits on offer.
Open Date: 9/12/2021
Close Date: 30/12/2021