Vaccines Programme Director
Competitive Salary & Benefits Offered
Location: UK (North West), Sweden or USA
Make a more meaningful impact to patients’ lives around the globe.
Here you’ll have the opportunity to make a meaningful difference to patients’ lives. With science at its heart, this is the place where breakthroughs born in the lab become transformative medicines – for the world’s most complex diseases. Answer unmet medical needs by pioneering the next wave of science, focusing on outcomes and shaping the patient ecosystem.
Are you a Programme Director with experience in bio-pharmaceuticals? If so, we believe this is a unique opportunity and it may be fit for you!
Disciplined thinkers and doers, we thrive in our often intense and ambiguous environment, seeking out new challenges and working towards new solutions. A place where anyone is supported to step up and lead, and everyone has the freedom to take ownership and drive outcomes forward.
We are looking for a strong leader to support the development and be accountable for the execution of the vaccines Operations strategy, managing strategic analysts and resources on a regional and/or global level.
What you’ll do
We’ll ask you to support the build of and oversee the Vaccine Operations Strategy and build a portfolio of critical projects to deliver on our ambition, ensuring that all functions and departments have the resources they need to deliver their part.
You’ll use your expertise and knowledge of global issues to develop the Vaccines Operations Strategy and deliver Portfolio objectives for inclusion into AstraZeneca’s annual business objectives.
We’ll expect you to provide expert advice in the area of specialism, influencing the development of strategies in the most complex and challenging functions.
We’re looking for you to have experience in and the ability to communicate change successfully, leading others through transformation and deployment.
You will need to maintain a high degree of understanding and awareness on new strategic and portfolio management trends and developments.
You’ll proactively contribute and lead the development of the senior management team in area of expertise.
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant scientific subject area
- Experience of working within the bio-pharmaceutical industry is crucial, as is some experience of vaccines
- Extensive experience in strategy development and portfolio management within a bio-pharmaceutical or clinical environment
- Strong ability to deliver practical organisational change activities which support the delivery of the programme
- Experienced in project execution and a lean/ manufacturing excellence qualification (belt) would be beneficial.
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence with business partners within AstraZeneca
- With an agile mind set you will demonstrate resilience when faced with uncertainty
Pioneer a new future to meet global healthcare challenges.
So, what next…
If you are excited by this unique opportunity, apply today!
We welcome your applications from 13th May to 31st May.
Where can I find out more
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en